The Panama-flagged Turkish container ship, Whiskey Trio, has been detained and deemed unseaworthy after a report was filed by a sick crew member who was denied access to a medical professional. Upon inspection, Swedish authorities discovered explosives, rockets and ammunition that were bound for an undisclosed port in the Middle East, possibly Yemen or Oman. Investigators have discovered bare 380-volt cables and other ignition risks, reports Breitbart. Fire protection systems were found to be deficient and containers incorrectly stowed. One observer described the vessel as the worst ship he had ever inspected. The ship is expected to be impounded while owners, Trio Shipping, work on getting the vessel into a satisfactory condition to sail.
- The M/V Ana Cecilia cargo ship has been sunk to become the latest artificial reef in Palm Beach County
- Roll-on, roll-off shipping weathers economic storm
- A U.N. sanctioned North Korean shipping company continues to evade international sanctions…
- Turkish ship detained by Swedish authorities found carrying explosives and rockets bound for the Middle East
- Mexican authorities have found 173 kilos of cocaine aboard the container ship, Mataquito