Protection and Indemnity
Protection and Indemnity :
Protection and indemnity also known as P&I or PANDI refers to an insurance policy that protects and financially indemnifies the insured for financial losses due to their accidental actions that injure 3rd parties involving your ship such as…
- Collision (e.g. Your ship strikes another vessel, dock or underwater reef).
- Financial indemnity for bodily injury caused by your vessel to non-crew members (medical expenses, loss of income, dismemberment or death).
- Wreck removal (the cost of removing a vessel that is unable or unfit to navigate under its own propulsion & is ordered removed by a governmental agency.)
Protection and Indemnity can also include several optional coverage's such as:
- Pollution, accidental discharge of oils, fuels, or other pollutants.
- Cargo legal liability financially indemnifies for accidental loss or damage to cargo you are entrusted with.
- Crew accident and illness provides financial reimbursement for crew both illness and accidents for disability, lost wages, dismemberment and death.
- Fines and penalties reimburses the insured for fines and penalties levied by governmental agencies incurred by their vessel.
- Bunker Blue Cards are for pollution on general cargo vessels and additional CLC endorsement for tankers (only required by certain countries (I.E. Panama).
- Blue Cards for wreck removal (IE; Nairobi convention).