This loss emphasises the need for a real conservative hurricane plan that is adhered to by owners and crew. On this occasion the pressures of "Just in time" deliveries influenced the loss of 32 lives and a $31 million dollar hull plus its cargo.
- The M/V Ana Cecilia cargo ship has been sunk to become the latest artificial reef in Palm Beach County
- Roll-on, roll-off shipping weathers economic storm
- A U.N. sanctioned North Korean shipping company continues to evade international sanctions…
- Turkish ship detained by Swedish authorities found carrying explosives and rockets bound for the Middle East
- Mexican authorities have found 173 kilos of cocaine aboard the container ship, Mataquito