Møller-Maersk is feeling the effects of continued significant low economic growth and has reported a 48% drop in its third quarter profits. Consequently they have announced they will be cutting about 4,000 land based jobs and will be re-organizing their operations to reduce costs & accommodate the changing shipping climate.
- The M/V Ana Cecilia cargo ship has been sunk to become the latest artificial reef in Palm Beach County
- Roll-on, roll-off shipping weathers economic storm
- A U.N. sanctioned North Korean shipping company continues to evade international sanctions…
- Turkish ship detained by Swedish authorities found carrying explosives and rockets bound for the Middle East
- Mexican authorities have found 173 kilos of cocaine aboard the container ship, Mataquito