As the price of crude oil continues to plummet, Colombia’s Mines and Energy Minister has announced planned tax cuts for oil companies drilling in some offshore areas in the Caribbean. Some contracts will receive a 25 percent reduction in income taxes and will not be subject to the value-added tax (VAT) or customs fees. Colombia is currently the third largest oil producer in Latin America and the seventh largest crude exporter to the U.S.
- The M/V Ana Cecilia cargo ship has been sunk to become the latest artificial reef in Palm Beach County
- Roll-on, roll-off shipping weathers economic storm
- A U.N. sanctioned North Korean shipping company continues to evade international sanctions…
- Turkish ship detained by Swedish authorities found carrying explosives and rockets bound for the Middle East
- Mexican authorities have found 173 kilos of cocaine aboard the container ship, Mataquito