Canada’s Prime Minister Justin Trudeau has instructed Transport Minister Marc Garneau to liaise with other ministries to effectuate the ban of oil tankers. The ban would restrict oil tankers from transiting waters off the northern coast of British Columbia and delivers a major blow to the proposed Enbridge Inc. Northern Gateway Pipeline. Other export projects are likely to gain momentum with increased pressure expected from the energy industry amidst the news.
- The M/V Ana Cecilia cargo ship has been sunk to become the latest artificial reef in Palm Beach County
- Roll-on, roll-off shipping weathers economic storm
- A U.N. sanctioned North Korean shipping company continues to evade international sanctions…
- Turkish ship detained by Swedish authorities found carrying explosives and rockets bound for the Middle East
- Mexican authorities have found 173 kilos of cocaine aboard the container ship, Mataquito