According to the National Transportation Safety Board, the bridge has finally been located from the US-flagged vessel, El Faro, that sank due to inclement weather related to Hurricane Joaquin last month. The vessels captain reported engine trouble while making its regular voyage from Jacksonville, FL to San Juan, PR on October 1, 2015. Rescue tugs were unable to reach the vessel as it was stuck directly in the hurricane’s path. All 33 crew members on board are believed to have drowned. The search continues for the vessels voyage data recorder, commonly referred to as a "black box".
Global Weather MasterPlease insert latitude in widget backend.
Please insert longitude in widget backend.
- The M/V Ana Cecilia cargo ship has been sunk to become the latest artificial reef in Palm Beach County
- Roll-on, roll-off shipping weathers economic storm
- A U.N. sanctioned North Korean shipping company continues to evade international sanctions…
- Turkish ship detained by Swedish authorities found carrying explosives and rockets bound for the Middle East
- Mexican authorities have found 173 kilos of cocaine aboard the container ship, Mataquito